FANDOM


  • Klock101
    Klock101 closed this thread because:
    Thread has become counter-productive. Start a new one.
    14:52, September 10, 2013

    Do you guys think Sam and Ellie liked each other in a romantic way? I just played through the entire Henry & Sam section of the single player and there are a lot of moments highlighting the chemistry between the two characters. I understand that they are only barely teenagers, but I still think it could be a possibility, and I think Naughty Dog wanted us to pick up some kind of implication only to leave it ambiguous with Sam's sudden death. 

    Personally, I think the two just liked each other as friends. I think the two were so used to being in the company of only Henry or Joel, that it was a nice change for them to talk to someone their own age. As well as that, Henry has moments where he appears to be a bit overprotective of Sam, to the point of being overbearing, so it must have been nice for Sam to 'let go' a bit. And as for Ellie, I think that she missed Riley so intensely that she was more than happy to become friends with a new kid her age. 

    So yeah, I don't think they liked each other in 'that' way, but I can fully understand why other people might think they did. What do you guys think?

      Loading editor
    • I think Ellie was indeed glad to get with someone her own age to go. As you say yourself, as friends. Nothing romantic. I think she liked it again just to be a kid after all the fighting. 

        Loading editor
    • I don't think so, They were meant to be just good friend and it was good for Ellie to have someone at her age around her to continue their jurney.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, just because she's friends with him doesn't instantly mean a romantic relationship. Maybe if they had a few more scenes proving, or at least giving small hints, that they had romantic relationships then maybe

        Loading editor
    • therePreferences§1234567890-=Backspace Tabqwertyuiop[] Return  capslockasdfghjkl;'\ shift`zxcvbnm,./shift  English  Deutsch Español Français Italiano Português Русский alt alt  Preferencesthere was one scene i saw that was a bit funny. Remember when the safety door went down, splitting the group up so it was Joel and Sam and Henry and Ellie? Weren't the words those two exchanged a bit ... unique? "well, this is awkward." "its funny, everytime we try to-" then the clickers showed up and all that. Could just be my imagaination

        Loading editor
    • Sam might've had a crush on her, cuz he asked her her age and lied about being 14

        Loading editor
    • Sam definitly had a 'crush' on Ellie due to the fact that he had changed his age to the same age as Ellie, not only that the talk between them seemed as if Sam was trying to impress Ellie, even in the Sewers when the door shut clost leaving Sam with joel, Sam said it with a sortoff...uniqueness, So i do think Sam liked Ellie for a bit.

        Loading editor
    • Why must necessarily be more between Ellie and Sam? I think they were both happy with someone their own age ... Just being a child, as it heard at that age.

        Loading editor
    • Lientje thats probably the case, that they were glad to find someone their age, and that could be it, but untill someone asks a Naughty Dog official, its unknown.

        Loading editor
    • True, but I do not think that in such a world live the moment for love. I do not think that came to Ellie and Sam in the head.

        Loading editor
    • Lientje wrote:
      True, but I do not think that in such a world live the moment for love. I do not think that came to Ellie and Sam in the head.

      Your compleatly correct, it could have been a friendship, maybe they were 'bestfriends'

        Loading editor
    • Fireburn12 wrote:
      Lientje wrote:
      True, but I do not think that in such a world live the moment for love. I do not think that came to Ellie and Sam in the head.
      Your compleatly correct, it could have been a friendship, maybe they were 'bestfriends'

      Exactly, just best friends. Haha and maybe Joel an overprotective father at about Ellie

        Loading editor
    • I think Sam had a crush on Ellie, but it was unrequited by Ellie.

        Loading editor
    • No, neither of them saw each other in a romantic sense. Both were glad to have someone of a similar age group to talk to. I suspect it was the same for Henry as well.

        Loading editor
    • I do not understand why they have to find each other necessarily cute they are children .. And it was totally not the time or place to fall in love I think. I do not think Ellie think about Sam that way...

        Loading editor
    • I've gotta admit, I'm kind of glad most people agree that there is just warm friendship between the two. As other users have pointed out, it was just not the time or place for that. If they had met under different circumstances, i.e. before the infection, then maybe possibly there could have been something there. But yeah, like I said, I think the two were just happy to open up and hang out with someone their own age for a change. 

        Loading editor
    • sam had a crush on ellie you can tell how he said he was 14 and not 13 or how he kept offering her stuff or how he kept moving close to ellie whenever the oppurtunity was prestent

        Loading editor
    • Kids saying that they're older than they actually are is par for the course behavior for youth. There were times back when I was a kid that I used to pretend I was fourteen in the presence of older people or kids born two years ahead of me. Then one my older siblings or parents shut me down in the same way Henry did with his brother.

        Loading editor
    • Fireburn12 wrote:
      Sam definitly had a 'crush' on Ellie due to the fact that he had changed his age to the same age as Ellie, not only that the talk between them seemed as if Sam was trying to impress Ellie, even in the Sewers when the door shut clost leaving Sam with joel, Sam said it with a sortoff...uniqueness, So i do think Sam liked Ellie for a bit.


      Isn't Ellie 13?

        Loading editor
    • Ellie's fourteen by the events of the game. She was thirteen in American Dreams (which apparently take place three weeks before the game).

        Loading editor
    • Ellie is 14 in tlou :)

        Loading editor
    • Why should someone be sure to fall in love with someone if you only ask someone's age? It's just a normal questions that still does not mean that you're in love immediately ...

        Loading editor
    • Would the infection spread through kisses or.. other fluids? It'd be a really awkward relationship then.

        Loading editor
    • 212.64.37.155 wrote:
      Would the infection spread through kisses or.. other fluids? It'd be a really awkward relationship then.

      no, only bites, but its probably unknown just do to the fact that sam got infected by a scratch...

        Loading editor
    • I know this ain't on topic but how the hell do you know Sam and Henry are brothers and NOT son and dad, I played the game and I heard its his dad so... yeah. Also he said in-game 'Thats my fucking brother.' Just because someone says brother doesn't mean its his brother. Hope this doesn't sound racist or anything but lots of blacks say similiar stuff even whites or anyone else, lets say "Yo brother." when its not there brother.

        Loading editor
    • Daniel123Shaw123 wrote:
      I know this ain't on topic but how the hell do you know Sam and Henry are brothers and NOT son and dad, I played the game and I heard its his dad so... yeah. Also he said in-game 'Thats my fucking brother.' Just because someone says brother doesn't mean its his brother. Hope this doesn't sound racist or anything but lots of blacks say similiar stuff even whites or anyone else, lets say "Yo brother." when its not there brother.

      Brother means brother.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, I know, you and the 100 other clever people said that (On YouTube). I know THAT. But you CAN 'T be serious in saying you have never heard someone say 'brother' in meaning 'friend' before, otherwise prepare for a whole lot of videos inbound.

        Loading editor
    • No, just...No. Only a friends. I read the comic, and I realized something: that other children are very badly treated to Ellie, except one little girl, who became her best friend.. Sam also treated her well, and so Elly became think it's my new friend.

        Loading editor
    • 95.24.167.73 wrote: No, just...No. Only a friends. I read the comic, and I realized something: that other children are very badly treated to Ellie, except one little girl, who became her best friend.. Sam also treated her well, and so Elly became think it's my new friend.

      I think Riley's had her fair share of abuses, either from her own age group or the adults; her behavior more or less implies she, like Joel, adapted the attitude she carries about herself because her environment. I think no one thought to look after her and the other children like most apparently have done for Ellie.

        Loading editor
    • Daniel123Shaw123 wrote:
      Yes, I know, you and the 100 other clever people said that (On YouTube). I know THAT. But you CAN 'T be serious in saying you have never heard someone say 'brother' in meaning 'friend' before, otherwise prepare for a whole lot of videos inbound.

      Nah, man. Just "bro". But Sam is definitely Henry's brother. I mean, I don't think Henry would've killed himself because of Sam's death if he was his friend. Well, some people might do that. BUT, Henry treats Sam like a little brother, so, I'm very sure Sam is Henry's brother.

        Loading editor
    • No, I said is it his dad?

        Loading editor
    • If Henry was Sam's dad, he would've said, "That's my fucking son!" The game does not mince words about what it means in regards to character relationship. They are brothers, that's it.

        Loading editor
    • Did you read anything I said, I said people tend to say 'brother' in friend, (never heard son but **** it, you know what I mean, old school gangster, you know what, forget it, you know what I'm geting at though right? Never heard those gangster films where they say "Yo Brother!" to someone who ain't there brother.

        Loading editor
    • "You know what" Not all black people are gangsters.

        Loading editor
    • /Or use Gang Slang.

        Loading editor
    • WHOA... WHOA.. whoa.. ok I don't like were this is going so lets get back on topic please.

      I think Sam did indeed have some sort of "crush" on her but Ellie either didn't accept it or never noticed, but she'll never get to find out..

        Loading editor
    • Klock101
      Klock101 removed this reply because:
      15:20, July 19, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • They were Peers and that's about it. Sam was Happy he had some one his Age to Chill with & So Did Joel and Henry. Also Henry & Sam we Brothers like Real Family (It was Said in the Game by Henry more than Once)

        Loading editor
    • Klock101
      Klock101 removed this reply because:
      15:20, July 19, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Klock101
      Klock101 removed this reply because:
      15:21, July 19, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Klock101
      Klock101 removed this reply because:
      15:21, July 19, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Klock101
      Klock101 removed this reply because:
      15:21, July 19, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • 74.233.44.54 wrote:
      They were Peers and that's about it. Sam was Happy he had some one his Age to Chill with & So Did Joel and Henry. Also Henry & Sam we Brothers like Real Family (It was Said in the Game by Henry more than Once)

      I could just imagine how very different it would have played out if sam had explained to the group about his infection before turning in front of them. That would have really dented a scar in her memories.

        Loading editor
    • Klock101
      Klock101 removed this reply because:
      18:36, July 23, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • CaPtiAn1590 wrote:
      I could just imagine how very different it would have played out if sam had explained to the group about his infection before turning in front of them. That would have really dented a scar in her memories.

      I actually think that it would have been easier... then maybe, Henry wouldn't have killed himself. It was a huge shock for Ellie when Sam suddenly attacked her, and i think it wouldn't have been worse if Sam had told them.


      Ok, now just an offtopic question:    In the whole game, do we actually ever see Ellie cry?

      I think the only moment when she cried was after she had killed David...

      Why do you think was that the moment when she couldn't hold back her feelings? (besides the  fact that David tried to rape her)

        Loading editor
    • Well there is a lot about that david tryed to rape her but i dont think so because if wanted to do that he should not trying to cut her in tiny pieces. The only way that people think he try to rape her is because someone in the game say she is davids newest pet.

        Loading editor
    • i dont think they have a romantic relationship they are survivors they dont have time for love

      ellie likes sam but not like a boyfriend like kinda of team friend 

      ellie kinda of nice girl i think she nice for everyone but she doesnt a Sucker...

      i dont think henry is a good boyfriend for ellie

        Loading editor
    • Gear3ful wrote:
      CaPtiAn1590 wrote:
      I could just imagine how very different it would have played out if sam had explained to the group about his infection before turning in front of them. That would have really dented a scar in her memories.
      I actually think that it would have been easier... then maybe, Henry wouldn't have killed himself. It was a huge shock for Ellie when Sam suddenly attacked her, and i think it wouldn't have been worse if Sam had told them.


      Ok, now just an offtopic question:    In the whole game, do we actually ever see Ellie cry?

      I think the only moment when she cried was after she had killed David...

      Why do you think was that the moment when she couldn't hold back her feelings? (besides the  fact that David tried to rape her)

      she is normal for all that thing to kill to survive she normal for it BUT i think david not tried to rape her i thinks hes tries to kill her and after that eat her because is a cannibal and on his town doesnt has any food

        Loading editor
    • hendry is too old for ellie

        Loading editor
    • definitely only friend

      my guess is Ellie can only have bf if the guy is immune just like her, no immune, no chances.

      as for love (in term of unegoistic and sacrifices) she already have Joel.

        Loading editor
    • she needs joel for a father she dont need a love now like a boyfriend and i dont think she is want too...

        Loading editor
    • There was definetily no such thing as a romance between Ellie and Sam. I mean come on, Ellie had lost Riley and was definetily happy to have a new friend. But to go as far as to say they were in love is absolute bullshit.

        Loading editor
    • yeah, Ellie still waiting for an immune male version of Riley  :)

        Loading editor
    • Well, there has never been any other immune person who we know of.  And also, Ellie said herself that it is crazy that all girls had to worry about were boys and movies.    So i actually think there are alot of other things that worry Ellie much more.

      And by the end of the game, she definetily doesn't care about boys... not in the least...

        Loading editor
    • Well in my opinion both of them were only friends. But because they had been everything together they be more closer like almost-girlfriend-boyfriend if you guys konw what im talking about.Sorry bad English. Anyway correct me if Im wrong. At first I tought they bacome beyond friends but at the end all I know is Ellie dont really like boys again Ive been thinking like Gear3ful on his last paragraph. Sometimes I just tought she doesnt really care about it again because her tragedy with David. 

        Loading editor
    • There's many boys at Jackson county, and probably Maria can teach Ellie many positive things from woman point of view, that way she can grow and learn to like boys *just a possibility*

        Loading editor
    • I think I kinda agreed with Mikey333 with Maria, Ellie could socialize more nicer with boys again and those tragedies I just said up there could be forgot by Ellie and move on and maybe she has a boyfriend one day or maybe itll come in the last of us 2.

        Loading editor
    • 180.253.102.165 wrote:
      I think I kinda agreed with Mikey333 with Maria, Ellie could socialize more nicer with boys again and those tragedies I just said up there could be forgot by Ellie and move on and maybe she has a boyfriend one day or maybe itll come in the last of us 2.

      thanks man,

      and I think the guy has to be immune too just like her.

        Loading editor
    • Mikey333 wrote:

      and I think the guy has to be immune too just like her.

      I honestly think that that is very unlikely...    But i didn't mean that she doesn't like boys, i just meant that she has more pressing things to worry about

        Loading editor
    • @Mikey333 I think I agreed with the immune guy for her. Well I made up fanfic about it tough, but I dont want it to get in internet.They will just mock me hardly.

        Loading editor
    • 180.253.102.165 wrote:
      @Mikey333 I think I agreed with the immune guy for her. Well I made up fanfic about it tough, but I dont want it to get in internet.They will just mock me hardly.

      Wow that's nice! Why not upload it? any possibilities still remain possible at this time, you can find many discussion here and there and i hope it can makes your fanfic become more realistic.



      Gear3ful wrote:
      Mikey333 wrote:

      and I think the guy has to be immune too just like her.

      I honestly think that that is very unlikely...    But i didn't mean that she doesn't like boys, i just meant that she has more pressing things to worry about

      Yeah, until there's something different and official from ND abt that, we assume Ellie stays with Joel until death separate them.

        Loading editor
    • @Mikey333, no dude, just no , mine will not work like the others Im a beginner in fanfic. Its even not so realistic its about a guy called Rodrick and Ellie that looking for Joel that stole by the fireflies, well its kinda about humour and romance but I still keep in line so no teen or mature just strong language, anyway thanks for the advice. 

        Loading editor
    • I Desagree i think Sam is the love interest of Ellie because they very close each others.

        Loading editor
    • Solonor1987 wrote:
      I Desagree i think Sam is the love interest of Ellie because they very close each others.
      I don't think Ellie and Sam appropriate to be in a boyfriend and girlfriend you know :)
        Loading editor
    • Solonor1987 wrote:
      I Desagree i think Sam is the love interest of Ellie because they very close each others.


      I'd like to know any references that support your opinion that Ellie and Sam is very close to each other. Afaik it's true Ellie think deeply of Sam, but that bcos Sam is dead....

        Loading editor
    • Mikey333 wrote:
      Solonor1987 wrote:
      I Desagree i think Sam is the love interest of Ellie because they very close each others.

      I'd like to know any references that support your opinion that Ellie and Sam is very close to each other. Afaik it's true Ellie think deeply of Sam, but that bcos Sam is died....

      i think someone more talented than san will be good for Ellie

      Because Ellie she is very Intelligent special girl


        Loading editor
    • The two barely even got to know each other good enough. All they could do is goof off as kids for about the 1 month that they knew each other. But if they had more time for their relationship to bloom, i still don't think so. First of all Joel and Sam's brother would've had something to say about it, they would've needed to keep their heads focused on the grim world they were in in order to survive. And as for making out, the elders were always close by so that wouldve been weird as hell. 

      But besides all that, I just don't see the connection. There's nothing wrong with interracial but I still don't see it. 

      Plus during making out Sam would've noticed Ellie's bite and Sam's brother wouldve freaked the hell out

        Loading editor
    • I guess they liked each other after a couple times they be together, well not that close just gonna say that they were friends, well maybe beyond that a little, well if just Sam didnt get bite, they be boyfriend and girlfriend I guess? I dunno but somehow, they were just not "only friends" something closer than that .........dont you think?

        Loading editor
    • Only friends, i think the closest possible relationship between the two is brother and sister, where Ellie act as his older sister. Ellie is much more mature than Sam.

        Loading editor
    • Nope, i really don't think that there was anything more between them than friendship...

        Loading editor
    • Their frienship was growing with the time. Maybe, they would like each other "that" way later.  But Sam died too early for it.

      And more, when tou play ellie the first time, if you open her bag and press triangle while looking at Sam's robot, she says: "I should have said something different to you". It may be a sign.    Sorry bad English

        Loading editor
    • hi, nice point, but its only a sign of regret tho.

        Loading editor
    • 201.35.176.220 wrote:

      And more, when tou play ellie the first time, if you open her bag and press triangle while looking at Sam's robot, she says: "I should have said something different to you". It may be a sign.    Sorry bad English


       I think in that instance she was referring to the conversation that they had the night before Sam attacked her. Sam was thinking about the afterlife because he knew he was about to die, and then Ellie said that she doesn't believe in any of that. So she kinda dashed his hopes there (unintentionally.)

        Loading editor
    • Ellie is keeping the robot as an memory of Sam. AWW;). Is Ellie taller than Sam?

        Loading editor
    • Why do so many people believe that there had to be more than friendship between them...

      Ellie was missing it to be a kid... and when she met Sam, they could just be kids again...

        Loading editor
    • Agree with Gear3ful

      But they actually can become like little brother and older sister. They have that chemistry.

      For romantic chemistry with Ellie, Sam (or any potential guy) has to be as badass as Joel or naughty like Riley. But Joel is the most badass person there and his badassness level is unbeatable, so the only possibility is that person is similar to Riley.

        Loading editor
    • Mikey333 wrote:
      Agree with Gear3ful

      But they actually can become like little brother and older sister. They have that chemistry.

      For romantic chemistry with Ellie, Sam (or any potential guy) has to be as badass as Joel or naughty like Riley. But Joel is the most badass person there and his badassness level is unbeatable, so the only possibility is that person is similar to Riley.

      Ellie she is a badass?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, but maybe at level 25, need many exp point to be more badass :D

      Joel is badass level 99, max exp, 9999 HP and MP  :)

        Loading editor
    • Mikey333 wrote:
      Yeah, but maybe at level 25, need many exp point to be more badass :D

      Joel is badass level 99, max exp, 9999 HP and MP  :)

      LOL Im still remembering you told me that Im a badass :D

      If Ellie was Know MMA and will has a hidden blade(Like in Assassins Creed) and more aggresive with a Dual Katana and dual pistols and shorties Uzi and M-16 maybe she will be more badass Dont you think? :)

        Loading editor
    • She will become Lara Croft :D

        Loading editor
    • Mikey333 wrote:
      She will become Lara Croft :D

      Ellie will became more badass than Lara Croft 

      I think what I said will become her To more badass than Joel LOL

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, we don't even know Ellie's sexual orientation really. She may not even be interested in guys at all ;)

        Loading editor
    • She is doesnt need a boyfriend but Ellie doesnt has a sexual orientation beacuse she is only 14 and she doesnt need a big chest (tits) because it doesnt help anything

        Loading editor
    • @MayonEgg you got me there... She is most likely seems like that.

      @sahar Hahaha, wow.

      Ellie maybe straight to marriage later on. But thats not really fit her character. she might be taking care of old Joel until his death, it more make sense that way.

        Loading editor
    • I think when Ellie will be like 25-40 she will marry we cant know if Joel will pass on this time

      But worry Ellie has a pretty face she is beautiful about her body she will be like 16-18 she will grew up and I think she will has some sexual orientation.... dont worry she is  young for a good body....

        Loading editor
    • Dude wake up she is only polygon :)

        Loading editor
    • I dont know what is polygon can you explain to me? :)

        Loading editor
    • 24.62.243.106,man I always think like you somehow. What happened if Ellie trapped with Sam besides Henry?Wondering......Well maybe theyll start chatting around and maybe you guys the romance lovers would think they are.....Nah,Im not dare enough to say that.So yeah Ive always imagine how if they trapped together?Anyone could imagined?

        Loading editor
    • Depends on how Ellie sees Sam, imo she sees and care of him like he is her little brother. Sam is less mature compared to Ellie, in many cases its even Ellie who cheers and supports Sam. Sam is most likely trapped in the "little brother" zone.

      No one realised that when Joel and Henry talking abt Harley, Ellie is also in that room? Thats bcos Ellie is more comfortable with Joel (definitely not with Henry), she is definitely into someone who has personality similar like Joel. She then went to meet Sam cos the conversation abt Harley confuses her.

        Loading editor
    • Sahar40021, you're hilarious, never change. But people most often know if they're gay/straight from a VERY young age, younger than Ellie. She doesn't have to be fully developed to know/have those feelings one way or another. I mean, she's 14, almost 15. That's right in the middle of adolescence (I mean, puberty starts at like 11.)

      To get more on the topic, I think Mikey333 gave the authoritative answer above as to what Sam and Ellie's relationship is. I think Sam has a little crush on Ellie (what with the lying about his age and such) but I sensed NO possible reciprocation of those feelings from Ellie. It actually kind of reminded me of when I was Ellie's age and my younger neighbor had a crush on me that I didn't reciprocate. I was an "older woman" after all, haha. A year in age difference is a big deal at that age. But I think Ellie is smart/perceptive enough to know, thus she kinda made an effort to be extra nice to him because she knew he liked her (like the scene in the safehouse where she sees Sam is upset, and says "you know, I think we did really great back there- especially you." That, and of course she liked having a friend around her age to talk to.

        Loading editor
    • MayonnEgg wrote:
      Sahar40021, you're hilarious, never change. But people most often know if they're gay/straight from a VERY young age, younger than Ellie. She doesn't have to be fully developed to know/have those feelings one way or another. I mean, she's 14, almost 15. That's right in the middle of adolescence (I mean, puberty starts at like 11.)

      To get more on the topic, I think Mikey333 gave the authoritative answer above as to what Sam and Ellie's relationship is. I think Sam has a little crush on Ellie (what with the lying about his age and such) but I sensed NO possible reciprocation of those feelings from Ellie. It actually kind of reminded me of when I was Ellie's age and my younger neighbor had a crush on me that I didn't reciprocate. I was an "older woman" after all, haha. A year in age difference is a big deal at that age. But I think Ellie is smart/perceptive enough to know, thus she kinda made an effort to be extra nice to him because she knew he liked her (like the scene in the safehouse where she sees Sam is upset, and says "you know, I think we did really great back there- especially you." That, and of course she liked having a friend around her age to talk to.

      OHHH REALLLYYY lol

      a lot of Dudes tells me I have an amazing humor

      exuse me  please I dont understand when you was in Ellie age a man or woman(the neighbor) crushed you? I mean who crushed you when you was in Ellie age? it was male or female?

      nice story very cool and intresting :)

      Ellie have a beatufiul face who(in her age) was doesnt crush her? 

      and a lot of girls in Ellie they have the same body as her...

        Loading editor
    • Sahar40021 wrote:
      MayonnEgg wrote:
      Sahar40021, you're hilarious, never change. But people most often know if they're gay/straight from a VERY young age, younger than Ellie. She doesn't have to be fully developed to know/have those feelings one way or another. I mean, she's 14, almost 15. That's right in the middle of adolescence (I mean, puberty starts at like 11.)

      To get more on the topic, I think Mikey333 gave the authoritative answer above as to what Sam and Ellie's relationship is. I think Sam has a little crush on Ellie (what with the lying about his age and such) but I sensed NO possible reciprocation of those feelings from Ellie. It actually kind of reminded me of when I was Ellie's age and my younger neighbor had a crush on me that I didn't reciprocate. I was an "older woman" after all, haha. A year in age difference is a big deal at that age. But I think Ellie is smart/perceptive enough to know, thus she kinda made an effort to be extra nice to him because she knew he liked her (like the scene in the safehouse where she sees Sam is upset, and says "you know, I think we did really great back there- especially you." That, and of course she liked having a friend around her age to talk to.

      OHHH REALLLYYY lol

      a lot of Dudes tells me I have an amazing humor

      exuse me  please I dont understand when you was in Ellie age a man or woman(the neighbor) crushed you? I mean who crushed you when you was in Ellie age? it was male or female?

      nice story very cool and intresting :)

      Ellie have a beatufiul face who(in her age) was doesnt crush her? 

      and a lot of girls in Ellie they have the same body as her...

      Oh, the neighbor was a 12 year old boy, and I was around 14 at the time (I'm a girl.) And the term is "has/have a crush" not "crushed" haha. Crushed means you pounded something into the ground haha (I know English isn't your first language.)

      The way that Ellie talks to Sam also gave me that feeling of an unreciprocated crush, she was kind of overly nice and kind of talked down to him like he was a kid (not in a mean way, more like an older-sister kind of way, like when she initially tried to dodge his serious question about what she was afraid of.) Overall, the way she talked to him was just kinda different from the way she would talk to say, Riley or someone who she really considered her "peer." I remember talking to neighbor-boy in the same kind of way. 

        Loading editor
    • I get it :)

        Loading editor
    • So, basically she thought that Sams her little brother right?Well I was wondering why someone thought that they like each other like boyfriend-girlfriend thing, besides little brother and big sister.......Well I was watching that scene and think again, and I guess she really treated him as her little bro not her couple.What do you guys really think?Seriously, from all this comments, were not yet having the right answers.BTW, why dont you guys make this thing a pole in the front page after your favorite characters pole.

        Loading editor
    • 180.253.112.239 wrote:
      So, basically she thought that Sams her little brother right?Well I was wondering why someone thought that they like each other like boyfriend-girlfriend thing, besides little brother and big sister.......Well I was watching that scene and think again, and I guess she really treated him as her little bro not her couple.What do you guys really think?Seriously, from all this comments, were not yet having the right answers.BTW, why dont you guys make this thing a pole in the front page after your favorite characters pole.

      I think they are kind of brothers they are not felt they are like a brother and sister beacuse Sam he is year under Ellie age so It kind of friends to survive....

        Loading editor
    • 180.253.112.239 wrote:
      So, basically she thought that Sams her little brother right?Well I was wondering why someone thought that they like each other like boyfriend-girlfriend thing, besides little brother and big sister.......Well I was watching that scene and think again, and I guess she really treated him as her little bro not her couple.What do you guys really think?Seriously, from all this comments, were not yet having the right answers.BTW, why dont you guys make this thing a pole in the front page after your favorite characters pole.

      The point there is no right and wrong answers. Even the game itself suggest so.

      But, we can see everything from realistic point of view, cos everything in the game is based on reality. If he alive, Sam probably can impress Ellie, but it will cost more than just arms and legs.

      Now he paid the highest price to impress Ellie, which is dead, then like we can see now Ellie cant forget him, he suddenly means something to her, then we can say she is now have feeling toward Sam something that is more than friend. All bcos Sam did the highest possible thing he can do to impress Ellie, which is being dead.

      If he is alive, the realistic answer still only like brother and sister. Nothing more. So yeah, my conclusion is Sam does win her heart by being dead.

      Also, Sam become the reason why Ellie lost her optimism, she was thinking their journey is going to be safer and happier with the new team (she kinda want to be a team player imo). But then it's actually quite sad since she only have Joel left and she decided not to be optimistic and hard to trust anyone anymore. This lead her become very depressed when knowing Joel is going to give her to someone else.

      I hope my explanation helps.

        Loading editor
    • hey Mikey333 I didnt wrong its just my opinion...

        Loading editor
    • I think that Sam and Henry's death was also quite sad for Joel... I mean that after all that they had gone through, Henry and Joel finally become friends...   And Joel opens up to him a bit more (and we all know that Joel has problems with opening up to people)... and the next day, he dies...

      And now the thing with Ellie, i still don't think that Ellie felt something more than friendship for Sam, even after his death...   It was just that Ellie had lost another friend as soon as she became friends with him... And of course the death of Sam also increased Ellie's survivor's guilt...

      What do you think?

        Loading editor
    • Sahar40021 wrote:
      hey Mikey333 I didnt wrong its just my opinion...

      sorry sahar, my reply is for the wikia contributor.

      @Gear3Ful. True, Sam's dead still not enough for Sam to be a romantic partner for Ellie. What I mean is when Sam was alive, Ellie dont really care too much abt him, but now after he died she does, in a way that he already somehow win Ellie's heart and attention

      EDIT: more than just friends doesnt always mean romantically involved, sorry for not being clear.

        Loading editor
    • Okay,thanks for the opinion,Mikey333.

        Loading editor
    • I thought it was quite obvious that Sam had a thing for Ellie and that it wasn't reciprocal. Just like with Riley, Sam was a friend of Ellie's that died. No romantic feelings from her to him

        Loading editor
    • Ellie actually had a positive feeling toward Riley, she liked her.

        Loading editor
    • We give more value to the things when we lose them. When Sam was alive, Ellie haven't given much attention for him. After his death she probably regrets this and cares more about him mainly because she noticed his interest at her. Otherwise she wouldn't have kept the robot with her.

        Loading editor
    • 200.203.4.208 wrote:
      We give more value to the things when we lose them. When Sam was alive, Ellie haven't given much attention for him. After his death she probably regrets this and cares more about him mainly because she noticed his interest at her. Otherwise she wouldn't have kept the robot with her.

      She kept the robot as a memory of him, she wanted to put it next to his grave. If one of your friends died, would you just burry him, or would you put something next o his grave? (If you were in Ellie's situation)

        Loading editor
    • I actually had a friend who died when we were 20 yrs old. I was stunned and cant do anything, But it wasnt apocalypse day so it was his family who did the burial (with the help from undertakers). I suppose Ellie will let Joel do the thing, that kind of experience is not pleasant and it was quite shocking. Abt the toy robot, the shock probably strong enough that makes us forget what we should properly done (I myself still have a PS2 game I never had the chance to gave back to my friend.)

        Loading editor
    • Mikey333: I am sorry for you

        Loading editor
    • Thanks man, but no worry it was already quite some times ago. I noticed it also gave us his close friends (me included) a survivor's guilt. We tried to make our feeling better, so yep just after he died I was really thinking it should be appropriate to put what belong to him on his grave, but if i put his PS2 game there, there's probably other person who will took/abuse it in inappropriate manner. So it's better if I hold on it for him. I think Ellie would have the same thinking.

        Loading editor
    • Mikey333 wrote:
      I actually had a friend who died when we were 20 yrs old. I was stunned and cant do anything, But it wasnt apocalypse day so it was his family who did the burial (with the help from undertakers). I suppose Ellie will let Joel do the thing, that kind of experience is not pleasant and it was quite shocking. Abt the toy robot, the shock probably strong enough that makes us forget what we should properly done (I myself still had a PS2 game I never had the chance to gave back to my friend.)

      I sorry for you... 

        Loading editor
    • Thanks Sahar :)  It's no worries now.

        Loading editor
    • I'm sorry for you Mikey333.

      But if Ellie have given Sam more space, he would have died happier.

      I'm a man, and putting myself in his place, I'd probably get crasy when I fist saw that girl close to his age. He should have seen very few ones (if he had seen one), and it's instinctive for a man to try to aproach to a partner. What he inicialy did when trying to impress her.

      C'mon guys, woudn't you try it? I would and sorry for my poor English

        Loading editor
    • Thanks for your sympathy.

      Uhh.. what is the space you mean? if it to give sam a chance, i think it cant be helped, Ellie was only happy to have a friend and not expecting more. Even if she tried to give a chance its also pity to Sam since Ellie have no feeling for him, not really a good idea. Sam probably will blame himself later cos asking such a selfish thing, and thats not dying happier.

      It just after Sam's death, Ellie starts to value the living person more, in her case that person is Joel. Thats why she is strongly attached to Joel after the two brothers' death (with the climax at ranch house scene)

        Loading editor
    • Well, maybe I'm not expressing myself very well cos English is not my nature language. I guess I'm a foreigner here.

      Honestly, I wanted to see ellie in a closer relationship with somebody else in the game, and when I saw Sam the first time I thought: "That's the guy". But I was wrong...

      But Ellie grew with Sam's death cos like Mikey333 said, she values the living person more, staying ever closer to Joel. It also explains when she escapes from Joel and Tommy for later admiting to Joel he is the only person she still trust in the world, so she didn't want to continue the journey with Tommy.

        Loading editor
    • I think that after Sam's death, Ellie realized how fast it can happen that your loved ones die. (even though she already experienced Riley's and Tess's death). I think that from that moment on, Ellie was scared that Joel might not make it as well. And then she would be alone.

        Loading editor
    • Her biggest fear was being alone, she told it for sam the night he died

        Loading editor
    • Lol Just Read this From Top to Bottom... And Boy Oh Boy, you Guy Crack me up. The Main Topic is Dead & Gone lol It Still makes for a Good Read tho lol


      (I Don't Think this will ever get back on Track lol)

        Loading editor
    • Ailodierap wrote:
      Do you guys think Sam and Ellie liked each other in a romantic way?

      So let's go back to the track.

      I guess Sam liked her romanticly, but Ellie didn't liked him this way.

        Loading editor
    • Im so agree with you,201.66.192.71.He likes Ellie that way but Ellie doesn't liked him that way......Sam must've been so sad.

        Loading editor
    • Sam was around 12, and all other people from his group have been gone for a week, and we don't know if there were any kids there.   So Sam asked for Ellie's age and said that he was also 14 because he wanted to establish a better connection with her. That doesn't neccesary mean that he had romantical feelings for her... And also, they were together for just about 2 days.

        Loading editor
    • But is not necessary more then some few minutes or houers to fall in love for someone. From the first time he saw her, it's obvious he felt something more about ellie.

        Loading editor
    • Or it was simply the first time in weeks that he saw another person his age. Like Henry said, Sam didn't crack a smlike for weeks. Just after he met Ellie, because he could be a kid againn (even if it was just for a moment). 

        Loading editor
    • Well I guess his not that 'first sight already fell' guy.Well as you say Gear3ful,he felt that he could be a kid again.But what I don't understand is why he wanted to feel like a kid again,I mean Ellie was like 14 and it's like when he saw her the first time,he doesn't look that surprised about Ellie.It's like the casual killing day for him,nothing special,so why on earth he ever wanted to feel like a kid again if he only could talk with the grown ups like Ellie cause she's like 14 and he's like 12 and the other were old men.So,I guess he doesn't felt that special for her,he only felt friendship that is really close but not that close,you know what I mean and anyway,Ellie only felt bro-sist relationship not a romantic one.So,in my opinion, he only felt regular and doesn't seems to be more excited as he be with Ellie.That's all.

        Loading editor
    • Hi, sorry for bursting in, i think what Gear3ful means is both are similar in age, and share the same experience compared to adult who know what the world looked like before outbreak. Also both are having stress cos they need to follow command and in surveillance of their guardian 24/7, so its kinda relaxing to have a friend who share the same stress.

      The bro-sist relationship is actually the maximum possible relationship they can have, in actual they only know each other for 2 days, which is why their relationship is still far from it. Abt age lying, I think Sam doesnt wanna be treated like he is the youngest kid, or maybe he did wanna impress Ellie. Both are make sense and no clear confirmation yet so you can prefer which one is suit your opinion.

        Loading editor
    • It can be really hard for a kid to have to behave like an adult. Non of us knows how it is to not have a childhood, so non of us can really say...

        Loading editor
    • Okay,thanks for the clearer explanations,Mikey333

        Loading editor
    • I don't think that them not knowing eachother very well invalidates the possibility that Sam had a crush on her. I mean, it's just as simple as him thinking she's a cute girl. Sam seemed to talk to her like boys tend to talk to girls they think are cute (i.e a little nervous/awkward.)

        Loading editor
    • Klock101
      Klock101 removed this reply because:
      16:54, September 9, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • I really don't know what this is. But i am not sure if i want to know...

      There can probably only be one reason why this photo would be deleted, and that guy be banned forever. If this picture is in fact what i think it is then shame on you Changebrazil !!!

      Or in Ellie's words go f*** yourself!       (Sorry for swearing, but things like this just make me mad)


      And Klock101: Thank you for banning him immediately.

        Loading editor
    • What he upload?  O_O

      Its this something bad?

      One time I search on Google Pictures "the last of us ellie" and I saw stupid picture its so piss me off this picture I saw was Joel and ellie doing ..... you know that was gross and Nasty perert & coarse I think I should not talk about it....  >_<

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, that is what i fear it was.     Those things make me really mad. Because in the game, as Joel, i started to think of Ellie as Joel's daughter (even though he maybe doesn't quite think of her as a daughtr yet). And that some people can play the game with that in their mind is just disturbing.

        Loading editor
    • yeah how the hell they even think about those things

      a 14 years old girl with a 50 years old man bahhh gross I dont even want to think about it >_<

      btw another stupid photo in the internet >_<     Joel and Ellie going to Sarah grave and Joel saying:"Hey baby girl meet my new baby girl her name is Ellie" that was stupid and piss me off

        Loading editor
    • He uploaded something inappropriate abt Ellie (no Joel). I saw it just a glance. Glad it removed and Klock banned him immediately.

        Loading editor
    • What you mean he upload a picture of Ellie without clothes? ahhh nasty & gross >_< 

        Loading editor
    • All those gross and Nasty things thats why I never liked so much the internet  >_<

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, there are a lot of disturbed people on the internet.

        Loading editor
    • I don't understand why some people wanted Joel and Ellie to become lovers.:( IT SICK!! Some jerk made an comment that once Ellie become an adult, Joel going to have feelings for her.:( and I totally agree with you Sahar40021 about the internet. It can be scary. You too @Gear3ful.:)

        Loading editor
    • guys pls stop derailing. Joel is not paedo and he wont see or mistaken to see Ellie in that way. for the record the picture does not contain Joel.

        Loading editor
    • and the picture does not worthy at all to be commented

        Loading editor
    • You all mean the gross picture between Ellie and Joel doing that?Well I totally seen that it was here right?Not was again but were......I mean why on earth a 14 vyears old doing that with a 50 years old?But thank God its gone now right.I woul probablt thanked Klock so much.Klock saved my eyes for good,there were here for few weeks right?I mean who oploaded it?Oh,and sorry Mikey333 I commented this,I just wanted to thanked Klock to just banned that pervert.Well, by the way just wanted to know,is that a prank or just a perverty serve for fanfictioners?Sorry to asked especially for Mikey333 who is disturbed by this discussion.

        Loading editor
    • No problem. Its not for me but for everyone, this topic is abt Sam & Ellie. Not abt some inappropriate pictures a new contributor uploaded. He probably just wanna make distraction and trolls and thats what happened now cos everyone derailing from topic. There are maybe alot paedo out there and those pictures are for satisfying their imagination. I dont know anything beyond that and I dont bother to know.

        Loading editor
    • Agreed. So back to the topic.

        Loading editor
    • Okay,so back to the topic,I just wanted to say let's just forget about this little off-topic discussion,and let's get back.(:

        Loading editor
    • Even In my country girls pictures without clothes and upload to facebook SHAME on them

      SHAME on them they Disgrace !! they dont have respect !!

      Back to topic I think Ellie doesnt need Sam but for her its like a friend but he is moron like he is big brother Sam could say he is infected I think its henry fault !!

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message