FANDOM


    • Indeed, hopefully it will be as amazing as we are hoping ^_^

        Loading editor
    • I have so many questions after this trailer! I know it will be awhile before we get answers though.

      1.) What does her tattoo mean or represent?

      2.) Why does she want to kill the Fireflies?? Are they after her for the cure?

      AHHH! I can't wait! 

        Loading editor
    • Amazed about the trailer, but am pissed that there's no version which doesn't involve a screaming, obnoxious background crowd.

        Loading editor
    • A popular theory judging from the comments are that Joel was killed, Ellie goes on revenge rampage, and is imagining Joel in her head. Kind of like Scrubs, but super dark.

        Loading editor
    • I'm worried. I would've loved a focus on different characters so bad.

      BUT, I'm putting my trust in Neil and his team.

        Loading editor
    • Winterlotus90 wrote:
      I have so many questions after this trailer! I know it will be awhile before we get answers though.

      1.) What does her tattoo mean or represent?

      2.) Why does she want to kill the Fireflies?? Are they after her for the cure?

      I think the tattoo may be to cover up her scar? I think it was on that arm. It kind of reminds me of how some women will get beautiful tattoos to cover up mastectomy scars.

      Is it confirmed that she's referring to the Fireflies? I don't think we're told who "they" are, but the fireflies are the most likely suspects at this point.

      Dusting off the ol' wikia account as well, I see, Winterlotus :) lol

        Loading editor
    • Brainwasher5 wrote:
      Amazed about the trailer, but am pissed that there's no version which doesn't involve a screaming, obnoxious background crowd.


      This one's good.

        Loading editor
    • Thank you, Mayonn!

        Loading editor
    • Anyone else notice how old Joel is now? What's the chance he won't join us on this journey?

        Loading editor
    • Snivystorm wrote:
      Anyone else notice how old Joel is now? What's the chance he won't join us on this journey?

      Well, Neil Druckmann basically said that for him, The Last Of Us is about Joel and Ellie's relationship. So I don't see Joel letting Ellie "kill them all" by herself.

      As for the "Joel is dead and Ellie is imagining him theory", I think that's it's possible, but not likely.     This whole "it's all in their head" theme has been a little overdone in recent years... And, judging by the trailer, I think that people have simply been reading too much into it.

        Loading editor
    • Gear3ful wrote:

      Snivystorm wrote:
      Anyone else notice how old Joel is now? What's the chance he won't join us on this journey?

      Well, Neil Druckmann basically said that for him, The Last Of Us is about Joel and Ellie's relationship. So I don't see Joel letting Ellie "kill them all" by herself.

      As for the "Joel is dead and Ellie is imagining him theory", I think that's it's possible, but not likely.     This whole "it's all in their head" theme has been a little overdone in recent years... And, judging by the trailer, I think that people have simply been reading too much into it.

      Indeed, I too don't believe Joel is dead; it'd be foolish of Naughty Dog to kill off 1/2 of the duo.

      My only fear is his age now, the guy is pushing towards his 60s. I hope he doesn't kind of hang back in combat and kill from a distance due to his age inhibiting him. Guess we'll just have to wait (painfully D:) for the game to come out.

        Loading editor
    • Snivystorm wrote:

      My only fear is his age now, the guy is pushing towards his 60s. I hope he doesn't kind of hang back in combat and kill from a distance due to his age inhibiting him. Guess we'll just have to wait (painfully D:) for the game to come out.

      Well, iI don't think that it matters all that much, since we'll be playing as Ellie... But I really hope that there will be one or two sequences in which we'll be able to play as Joel again as well.                       I don't really care who we'll be playing as, as long as Joel and Ellie are together.

        Loading editor
    • Gear3ful wrote:

      Snivystorm wrote:

      My only fear is his age now, the guy is pushing towards his 60s. I hope he doesn't kind of hang back in combat and kill from a distance due to his age inhibiting him. Guess we'll just have to wait (painfully D:) for the game to come out.

      Well, iI don't think that it matters all that much, since we'll be playing as Ellie... But I really hope that there will be one or two sequences in which we'll be able to play as Joel again as well.                       I don't really care who we'll be playing as, as long as Joel and Ellie are together.

      Agreed 8) can't have one without the other!

        Loading editor
    • I just hope its not another fireflies/cure storyline...

        Loading editor
    • JuniperAlien wrote: I just hope its not another fireflies/cure storyline...

      Nah, this story is about hate now. The subplot certainly won't be about Ellie going on a vendetta to obtain a cure or anything. Naughty Dog know better than to repeat the same story with a different coat of paint, hence why it's been over 3 years before they felt confident to make a sequel definite.

        Loading editor
    • When will the game be released? Probably next year during Fall. If not then, then it'll be 2018, but I don't personally care when the game's released; this trailer is fucking gold!

        Loading editor
    • Brainwasher5 wrote: A popular theory judging from the comments are that Joel was killed, Ellie goes on revenge rampage, and is imagining Joel in her head. Kind of like Scrubs, but super dark.

      Possibly, though... actually Ellie is said to be the only playable character in the game, so maybe... you could be right.

        Loading editor
    • Dr Virus 129 wrote: When will the game be released? Probably next year during Fall. If not then, then it'll be 2018, but I don't personally care when the game's released; this trailer is fucking gold!

      Sadly, yes :( Though it would be nice for it to be released in 2017, that would be rushing it. Considering they spent roughly 3 years making the original, the earliest we can expect it is the summer of 2018. Hopefully new trailers and announcements will make it more bearable.

        Loading editor
    • Snivystorm wrote:

      Dr Virus 129 wrote: When will the game be released? Probably next year during Fall. If not then, then it'll be 2018, but I don't personally care when the game's released; this trailer is fucking gold!

      Sadly, yes :( Though it would be nice for it to be released in 2017, that would be rushing it. Considering they spent roughly 3 years making the original, the earliest we can expect it is the summer of 2018. Hopefully new trailers and announcements will make it more bearable.

      The first game was released in June 2013, so maybe TLoU2 might be released during June 2018.

        Loading editor
    • Snivystorm wrote:

      Nah, this story is about hate now. The subplot certainly won't be about Ellie going on a vendetta to obtain a cure or anything. Naughty Dog know better than to repeat the same story with a different coat of paint, hence why it's been over 3 years before they felt confident to make a sequel definite.

      To be fair, Naughty Dog did end the first three Uncharted games by discovering a city that falls apart at the end..

        Loading editor
    • Dr Virus 129 wrote:
      When will the game be released? Probably next year during Fall. If not then, then it'll be 2018, but I don't personally care when the game's released; this trailer is fucking gold!

      I really don't see it coming out before summer 2018... Neil Druckmann has been working on the Uncharted 4 DLC up until very recently...

      I think the first trailer for the first game came out in december 2011, it being released in summer 2013, so summer 2018 would fit the pattern. However, since it's only been anounced yesterday, I reckon that such an early release date would be a little optimistic.

        Loading editor
    • Gear3ful wrote:

      Snivystorm wrote:

      Nah, this story is about hate now. The subplot certainly won't be about Ellie going on a vendetta to obtain a cure or anything. Naughty Dog know better than to repeat the same story with a different coat of paint, hence why it's been over 3 years before they felt confident to make a sequel definite.

      To be fair, Naughty Dog did end the first three Uncharted games by discovering a city that falls apart at the end..

      We can forgive them on that one ;)

        Loading editor
    • We shouldn't be conferring the release of The Last of Us Part II, we should be conferring the way the story will go. Neil has said that this game is more focused on HATE and that it is a key theme of the game, does no one have anything to say about this?

        Loading editor
    • Snivystorm wrote:

      Dr Virus 129 wrote: When will the game be released? Probably next year during Fall. If not then, then it'll be 2018, but I don't personally care when the game's released; this trailer is fucking gold!

      Sadly, yes :( Though it would be nice for it to be released in 2017, that would be rushing it. Considering they spent roughly 3 years making the original, the earliest we can expect it is the summer of 2018. Hopefully new trailers and announcements will make it more bearable.

      Yea and considering how many release dates Naughty Dog had for U4 and I think the first TLOU. They could tease us with a few release dates.

        Loading editor
    • Winterlotus90
      Winterlotus90 removed this reply because:
      made a mistake
      02:54, December 5, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Winterlotus90
      Winterlotus90 removed this reply because:
      ,.ll;
      02:56, December 5, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Winterlotus90 wrote:
      I have so many questions after this trailer! I know it will be awhile before we get answers though.

      1.) What does her tattoo mean or represent?

      2.) Why does she want to kill the Fireflies?? Are they after her for the cure?

      AHHH! I can't wait! 

      This are just guesses but I feel good about them:

      1. Remember that Jackson was an attempt to re-establish civilisation on a self-sufficient basis. There was probably agriculture there and the tattoo looks like something Ellie may have had applied to show that she supported the idea of growing and making rather than looting;
      2. In the aftermath of Marlene's execution, I suspect that the Fireflies may have degenerated into nothing more than a larger kind of Hunter clan - Seeking power by any means necessary with the grand dream of rebuilding held by Marlene and the otehr founders gone forever; Ellie may have decided that, as the daughter of one of the original Fireflies and a believer in their cause, it is her responsibility to put down the scum now using their name.

      What I want to know more than anything is whether Joel has ever told Ellie what really happened at SLC. Will her view of her cause change if she finds out that he lied and just what Marlene felt was 'necessary' to cure the Cordyceps?

        Loading editor
    • BenRG wrote:

      What I want to know more than anything is whether Joel has ever told Ellie what really happened at SLC. Will her view of her cause change if she finds out that he lied and just what Marlene felt was 'necessary' to cure the Cordyceps?

      I think that it would be weird for Neil Druckmann to make an ambiguous ending for the first part, and then resolve that conflict off-screen. So I think that we'll either learn that Ellie knew all along, or we'll see the consequences that Joel's lies will have on their relationship...

        Loading editor
    • I'm pretty sure that Ellie will punch Joel hard in the face for lying to her about the fireflies, I don't think she'll kill him though, they are alike father and daughter.

        Loading editor
    • I think she got the tattoo to cover her bite wound.

        Loading editor
    • No, we can still see the skin, I think the bite wound has healed; it has been 5 years. In fact, will Ellie still be immune or will her immunity have worn off by now?

        Loading editor
    • Dr Virus 129 wrote:
      No, we can still see the skin, I think the bite wound has healed; it has been 5 years. In fact, will Ellie still be immune or will her immunity have worn off by now?


      The wound may have healed, but it'll leave behind one hell of a (permanent) scar. In that first shot of her hand/arm it appears that the tattoo continues to the other side of her arm where the scar is. I don't blame her wanting to "reclaim" a scar like that with some sweet tats- it has to be hard looking at it and being reminded of Riley. I don't think her immunity "wears off." I don't think that's how it works.

        Loading editor
    • I had a relatively minor cut across my chest when I was 12; I'm now 24 and the scar is still visible. Ellie got like, a really gnarly bite on her arm. It's not going away.

      Anyway, it would have been a good idea for her to get a tattoo as soon as possible after the events of TLOU, so that people won't freak out when they see it. It's not like I'm saying she definitely only got a tattoo right before the events of the trailer took place.

        Loading editor
    • MayonnEgg wrote:

      Dr Virus 129 wrote:
      No, we can still see the skin, I think the bite wound has healed; it has been 5 years. In fact, will Ellie still be immune or will her immunity have worn off by now?


      The wound may have healed, but it'll leave behind one hell of a (permanent) scar. In that first shot of her hand/arm it appears that the tattoo continues to the other side of her arm where the scar is. I don't blame her wanting to "reclaim" a scar like that with some sweet tats- it has to be hard looking at it and being reminded of Riley. I don't think her immunity "wears off." I don't think that's how it works.

      "Don't think that's how it works." We don't even know how Ellie IS immune in the first place! Although I have a few ideas as to the cause of her immunity.

        Loading editor
    • FWIW, IGN speculated that, whilst Ellie is immune to the mind-altering effects fo CBI, the fungus is still growing in her head. As it grows, it increases pressure on her cerberal cortex and skull. Consequently, she's suffering from increasingly severe neurological symptoms, including paranoia, reduced fine motor control, hallucinations and violent outbursts about which she may or may not be fully aware.

      Simply put, the Cordyceps is about to have its victory over her; she is dying. Aware of this, she's desperately trying to hold it together for long enough to do one last little bit of good before the parasite bursts open her skull and she is left a pseudo-Stalker, at which point, she'll probably eat a bullet.

        Loading editor
    • BenRG wrote:

      I feel like this is just speculation that is based on little (if any) evidence. The trailer certainly gave us no reason to think that the cordyceps spreading...

        Loading editor
    • Not spreading. growing. Growing in its place in her head. They basically say that's an alternative interpretation of her shaking hands and killing spree.

      I'm not saying that's a good theory because I don't. If nothing else, Ellie has shown no indications of being a late-stage Runner about to become a Stalker, most specifically, there is no damage to her eyes.

        Loading editor
    • Ben, what the fuck? Do you have any idea how asinine that theory is. I know it's a guesstimate, but there is little to no support of any kind of proof that Ellie is dying from the Cordyceps. Well, being from IGN, it really does show how dotish they are.

        Loading editor
    • BenRG wrote:
      Not spreading. growing. Growing in its place in her head. They basically say that's an alternative interpretation of her shaking hands and killing spree.

      Well, if the explanation of her killing spree would be the cordyceps, then why would she tell Joel that she wants to "kill them all"?  And it would be way more unnatural not to shake after fighting and killing 3 people...

      Anyway, I know you're only saying that this theory exists, not supporting it. But it just doesn't make sense to me.

        Loading editor
    • Dr Virus 129 wrote:
      Ben, what the fuck?

      Easy... No need for overreacting.

        Loading editor
    • Gear3ful wrote:

      Dr Virus 129 wrote:
      Ben, what the fuck?

      Easy... No need for overreacting.

      Indeed, having different views is fine but let's be respectful and civil in the discussion; no need to swear at or slander them for their opinion.

        Loading editor
    • Gear3ful wrote:

      BenRG wrote:
      Not spreading. growing. Growing in its place in her head. They basically say that's an alternative interpretation of her shaking hands and killing spree.

      Well, if the explanation of her killing spree would be the cordyceps, then why would she tell Joel that she wants to "kill them all"?  And it would be way more unnatural not to shake after fighting and killing 3 people...

      Anyway, I know you're only saying that this theory exists, not supporting it. But it just doesn't make sense to me.

      That makes two of us. It's gonna be a year or two until the game is released, predicting what will happen or speculating is just sad. There's no evidence, the first trailers just been released, I shake my head and tsk the ones who are already theorizing something that has yet to been seen by the public eye.

        Loading editor
    • I wonder if Naughty Dog will develop some DLCs soon in the future, about the story of Ellie's mom and maybe what happened after Ellie and Riley got bitten in TLOU: Left Behind. Maybe about how the outbreak commenced. 😄

        Loading editor
    • Dr Virus 129 wrote:
      Ben, what the fuck? Autistic Screeching

      you need to chill man.

        Loading editor
    • Very excited for part 2

      I am so so sooo curious fow what Naughty Dog has in store :DDD

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.