The Last of Us Wiki has a staff that consists of bureaucrats, administrators, content moderators and discussion moderators. These users have different functions than other users, meant for keeping the wiki clean and operated. Please do not get confused with the Wikia staff, as they are the staff of Wikia itself. Granted, Wikia staff may appear from time to time to help out; they should only be contacted in extreme emergencies or when all other The Last of Us staff members are inactive.
As editors will see, each staff member's username is color coded. This is not a form of boasting or egotism, but rather makes it easier for users to recognize staff members and therefore easily contact them when needing assistance.
User Group AbilitiesEdit
Administrators, also known as sysops (system operators), are the main staff of the wiki. Unlike regular editors, these users have functions that helps the wiki's maintenance and design, as well as ensuring the halt of vandalism. These additional functions include:
- All privileges from the moderator, chat moderator, and rollback groups.
- Delete and restore pages, as well as delete images or files.
- Lock (protect) both a page and a file so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without adminship privileges.
- Block users who are vandalizing the wiki from editing, etc., as well as unblock users.
- Grant and revoke both the chat moderator rights and forum moderator rights.
- Edit the wikia's skin and format.
- Edit MediaWiki pages.
For more help on how to use administration powers, please visit the Administrators' how-to guide.
Bureaucrat is the highest position available on the wiki. They have the same functions that a regular administrator has, but with the added abilities to make other users into bureaucrats, administrators, or moderators here on the wiki. Although, they are unable to revoke another user's bureaucrat rights.
Content Moderators are users who moderate the wiki's mainspace, content, and recent edits. They may be seen constantly monitoring articles and recent activity, protecting the wiki from vandalism. Their duties on the wiki are vital in assisting the administrators and keeping the wiki's content in shape, and contain other abilities such as:
- Deleting and moving protected pages.
- Deleting and moving files.
- Undeleting pages and files.
- Revert a series of bad edits with one click (rollback).
- Reupload files.
- Protecting and unprotecting pages.
Discussion Moderators are users who moderate the wiki's forums, blogs, and chat. They are constantly active in participating and monitoring the wiki's discussions, keeping the wiki's community clean and friendly. Their duties on the wiki are vital in assisting the administrators and keeping the wiki's community in shape, and contain other abilities such as:
- Removing and restoring threads and replies from any user.
- Closing and reopening threads.
- The ability to manage Forum boards, move threads from one board to another, and highlight and un-highlight threads.
- Kicking and banning users from chat.
- Deleting blog comments.
List of Wiki StaffEdit
- Sackchief - Bureaucrat (December 4, 2011 - August 26, 2016)
- Klock101 - Administrator (December 10, 2011 - April 2015)
- Samuelcd1997 - Administrator (December 11, 2011 - January 5, 2014)
- Doctor Drake - Administrator (February 2, 2012 - October 24, 2015)
- Fireburn12 - Administrator (May 4, 2014 - January 27, 2018)
If you feel that this list may be out of date, then an automatically maintained list can be found here: Special:Listusers/sysop.
Requests for staff membershipEdit
In order to become a wiki staff member, there are several requirements and criteria a user must meet in order to obtain the rights. Before nominating yourself or another user, please be sure that you meet the requirements on the requests for adminship page.
Please do not make requests to become an administrator upon just joining, having no experience with any of the benefits, long periods of inactivity, or a low edit count. The job offers very few benefits over standard editing, and comes with the added stress of wiki bureaucracy. If the wiki is in need of additional admins, more than likely the current administrators will decide who to offer the position(s) to. If not, please request someone who you think would best fitted for such a position over at the requests for adminship page, or contact an active administrator.
Users may also request to become a moderator. This will grant you rollback rights, chat moderator rights, and forum moderator rights, which will permit you to undo vandalism far more easily, and moderate the forums/chat. To do this, leave a message on the rollback requests page, or contact an active administrator, and the wiki community will voice its decision. It is advised users start as a moderator rather than try to become an administrator straight away; the more tools a user has, the bigger the responsibility so it may be preferable to start small and work ones way up.
If there are no active administrators or bureaucrats, use the "Requests for adminship" page to nominate users to become admins or bureaucrats. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wikia Staff can provide the rights. For more help on how to adopt a wikia, please visit Help:Adopting a wikia.