The Last of Us Wiki has a staff that consists of bureaucrats, administrators, and moderators (that is a compilation of chat moderator, rollback, and thread moderator). These users have different functions than other users, meant for keeping the wiki clean and operated. Please do not get confused with the Wikia staff, as they are the staff of Wikia itself.
User group abilitiesEdit
Administrators, also known as sysops (system operators), are the main staff of the wiki. Unlike regular editors, these users have functions that helps the wiki's maintenance and design, as well as ensuring the halt of vandalism. These additional functions include:
- All privileges from the moderator, chat moderator, and rollback groups.
- Delete and undelete pages, as well as delete images or files.
- Lock (protect) both a page and a file so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without adminship privileges.
- Block users who are vandalizing the wiki from editing, etc., as well as unblock users.
- Grant and revoke both the chat moderator rights and forum moderator rights.
- Edit the wikia's skin and format.
- Edit MediaWiki pages.
For more help on how to use administration powers, please visit Help:Administrators' how-to guide.
A bureaucrat is the highest position available on the wiki. They have the same functions that a regular administrator has, but with the added abilities to make other users into bureaucrats, administrators, or moderators here on the wiki. Although, they are unable to revoke another user's bureaucrat rights.
Moderators are users who moderate the wiki's chat system, edits, and forum discussions. They are the combination of three separate rights, the chat moderator, forum moderator, and rollback. Their duties on the wiki are vital in assisting the administrators and keeping the wiki clean, and contain other abilities such as:
- Revert a series of vandalism and bad edits with one click.
- Removing and restoring forum and message wall threads and replies from any user.
- Closing and reopening threads.
- In the Forum feature specifically, moderators also have the ability to manage Forum boards, move threads from one board to another, and highlight and un-highlight threads.
- Kicking and banning people from chat.
Wikia Staff Edit
Wikia staff members have full access to all of Wikia, and should not be confused with the local staff of The Last of Us Wiki. They will be shown in Special:Listusers/staff on any wiki. Please use Special:Contact to contact Wikia staff.
The user hilite (or highlight) allows quick color-coded identification for members of the staff who are bureaucrats/administrators or moderators.
- Bureaucrats/administrators - Gold
- Moderators - Lime green
List of wiki staffEdit
- Fireburn12 (message · contribs · semi-active)
- Klock101 (message · contribs · inactive)
- M67PattonZippo (message · contribs · active)
- Brainwasher5 (message · contribs · active)
- Riley Heligo (message · contribs · semi-active)
- Snivystorm (message · contribs · active)
If you feel that this list may be out of date, then an automatically maintained list can be found here: Special:Listusers/sysop.
Requests for adminshipEdit
In order to become a user on the wiki staff, there are quite a few requirements and criteria a user must meet in order to obtain the rights. Before nominating yourself or another user, please be sure that you meet the requirements on the requests for adminship page.
Please do not make requests to become an administrator upon just joining, having no experience with any of the benefits, long periods of inactivity, or a low amount of edits. It offers very few benefits over standard editing, and comes with the added stress of wiki bureaucracy. If the wiki is in need of additional admins, more than likely the current administrators will decide who to offer the position(s) to. If not, please request someone who you think would best fitted for such a position over at the requests for adminship page, or contact an active administrator.
You may request to become a moderator. This will grant you rollback rights, chat moderator rights, and forum moderator rights, which will permit you to undo vandalism far more easily, and moderate the forums/chat. To do this, leave a message on the rollback requests page, or contact an active administrator, and the wiki community will voice its decision.
If there are no active administrators or bureaucrats, use the "Requests for adminship" page to nominate users to become admins or bureaucrats. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wikia Staff can provide the rights. For more help on how to adopt a wikia, please visit Help:Adopting a wikia.