|That's All I Got|
|Description||Survive all of Ellie's jokes|
The joke book conversations are triggered at 5 specific points in the game, and unless you know where and when they will occur you can easily miss them. There are four in the Alone and Forsaken section of the Pittsburgh chapter and one near the end of The Suburbs chapter that follows.
It can sometimes take a while for Ellie to start telling her jokes, so be patient if you are in the correct location and she should start telling them after a minute or two. Note that you have to listen to all of Ellie's jokes on a single difficulty level. If you listen to one on another difficulty level, you won't get the trophy.
Location #1 Edit
You will arrive in an area with multiple abandoned cars, and a bus blocking your path. Three Hunters will climb over the bus and walk towards the area you just came from. Hide behind one of the abandoned cars and wait for them to leave, then approach the bus (but do not climb up on it) and wait for Ellie to tell her jokes.
Location #2 Edit
After passing through the abandoned Security Checkpoint that you reach by climbing over the bus mentioned above, you will see a large book store on your right side that is patrolled by several Hunters. You will need to eliminate all enemies, both outside and inside the building, making sure to eliminate the guard standing by the exit on the second floor last. Once this is done, Joel and Ellie will exchange some small talk. If you stand there long enough (don't run around) she will start to tell jokes. Note: this joke sometimes glitches and Ellie won't pull out her joke book. To solve this, kill yourself with a Molotov and walk over to the couch at the opposite side of the room and wait there.
Location #3 Edit
After the book store section, you will quickly reach a street where there will be a poster on the wall with a fashion model wearing a pink outfit. There will be an optional conversation triggered by this poster that you must start by pressing . After this conversation ends, Ellie will wander around for a couple of minutes and eventually bring out her joke book.
Location #4 Edit
You will enter a Hotel on the right side of the same street where you had the previous joke conversation. There is a ladder in the lobby that can be used to reach the second floor, where you will find the artifact Note to Staff. Reading this will provide you with the combination to a safe behind the counter on the first floor. After returning to the first floor and opening the safe, you will climb back up the ladder to meet with Ellie. When you do this, she will start telling more jokes.
Location #5 Edit
After escaping from Pittsburgh and passing through the Sewers, you will arrive at a street with several abandoned houses. There are 4 optional conversations that must be triggered before Ellie will tell her jokes. To start, go to the house on a curve in the road with a warning painted on the outside. When you stop and look at the house, you will trigger an optional conversation. After this is done, turn around and you will see a house where the outside kitchen wall is missing. Enter the kitchen and a conversation about BBQ will automatically be triggered. Next, walk down the street to the abandoned ice cream truck and trigger an optional conversation about ice cream. Finally, go to the very end of the road (it is a dead end) and wait. After a minute or two Ellie will pull out her joke book and tell the last set of jokes.
List of jokes Edit
- "It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope. It'll still be stationery."
- "What did the Confederate soldiers use to eat off of?
What did they use to drink with?
Cups. Dixie Cups."
- "I walked into my sister's room and tripped on a bra - it was a booby-trap."
- "A book just fell on my head... I only have my self to blame. Oh, shit! I said it wrong! Okay, okay. A book once fell on my head. I only have my shelf to blame."
- "What is the leading cause of divorce in long-term marriages?
- "Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead-to-know basis."
- "A moon rock tastes better than an earth rock because it's meteor."
- "A backwards poet writes inverse."
- "I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now."
- "3.14% of sailors are Pi-Rates."
- "I stayed up all night wondering where the sun went. Then it dawned on me."
- "What did the mermaid wear to her math class?
An algae bra."
- "Why did the scarecrow get a promotion?
Because he was out standing in his field."
- "I tried to catch some fog earlier. I mist."
- "Do you know what's not right?
- "What does a pirate say while eating sushi?
Ahoy! Pass me some soy!"
- "People are making apocalypse jokes like there's no tomorrow..."
- "You wanna hear a joke about pizza? Never mind, it was too cheesy."
- "What did the green grape say to the purple grape?
Breathe, you idiot!"
- "Sam: Why isn't your nose 12 inches long?
Because then it would be a foot."