The following is a list of official post-release patches released by Naughty Dog for The Last of Us.
The game was first patched on its release day, June 14th 2013. In-depth details of the patch have not been revealed, but Naughty Dog have described it as "minor launch tweaks". It is 46 MB in size.
- Texture of a phone number on a bulletin board changed. The phone number previously displayed was that of a sex hotline, the inadvertent inclusion of which was described as an "honest mistake" by creative director Neil Druckmann.
- Improved host migration.
- A general crash that could occur when leaving multiplayer is fixed.
- The intro camera is fixed for some introductory cut-scenes
- Connectivity issues while playing have been tuned.
- Disconnecting or losing connection to the host will no longer advance a clan day. Clan days will only be advanced if the player is kicked from a match or exits using the menu.
- A bug that prevented "Explosion Expert - Level 2" from being selected is fixed.
- The voting time for match selection is reduced to 15 seconds.
- "No party" playlist options are added to both Supply Raid and Survivors - players can only join this playlist solo.
- Melee against downed characters now uses the same range as normal melee.
Single player changesEdit
- Fixes for “It’s me” and “By any means” cinematics in the Cutscene Viewer.
- New multiplayer mode, Interrogation, added.
- Revive range has increased slightly (about 1 meter). It’s more difficult to accidentally crawl out of range when a teammate is reviving you now.
- Players can prevent opponents from finishing Executions/Interrogations so that the opponent does not receive Parts for the special Execution/Interrogation. (The downed player will still lose their life, but this makes preventing Executions/Interrogations more helpful to your team as you prevent the other team from gaining Parts).
- Matchmaking update: players should find opponents around their level of experience more often and teams should be balanced more evenly.
- Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School, Lakeside, and Downtown.
- Starting cameras adjusted so they show your player with greater frequency.
- Item cache disbursement tweaked so additional items are given out more fairly.
- Winning a Survivors match by a count of 4 rounds to 0 now means your team will get more bonus parts for winning the match by that margin. This applies for games with scores of 4-1, 4-2, etc. as well. Rewards are tiered by how dominant your team is. This system is in place for Interrogation mode as well.
- ↑ http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/13/the-last-of-us-patch-1-01-out-now-game-has-an-online-pass-jak-daxter-unlockables-over-90-minutes-of-cinematics/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_patch_102/
- ↑ http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/27/naughty-dog-working-to-strip-sex-hotlines-from-the-last-of-us/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_patch_103_interrogation_mode/