|First Found||Tommy's Dam|
|Max Ammo||1 bullet/ 3 with Upgrade|
The El Diablo is a powerful revolver with a scope.
In singleplayer, El Diablo can kill most targets with just one or two shots, but initially can only fire once before reloading. El Diablo can first be found on the corpse near the first abandoned car just before reaching the Hydroelectric Power Plant after the events involving Henry and Sam. If the player missed it, it can still be acquired inside the shack outside the entrance to the plant itself (right next to the power plant map), and again at Tommy and Maria's Quarantine Zone near the work bench.
El Diablo is one of the strongest weapons in the game, only taking two shots to kill a Bloater. This is offset by the rarity of its ammo and its limited capacity.
In Factions, El Diablo is available for purchase. It is unlocked at 150 supplies. It costs 3 loadout points and requires 270 Parts to purchase, or 200 parts with the cheaper purchasable weapons booster. It holds six bullets, unlike the maximum 3 in single player. The player starts out with 3 bullets, and it initially costs 315 Parts to purchase 3 more bullets, but the price rises by 45 parts with each purchase. It is unusually cheap among the purchasable weapons to acquire ammo for El Diablo. Against unarmored enemies, it downs in 2 body shots or 1 headshot. It destroys armor with just one shot. It executes downed enemies in one shot. Its firing rate is a little slower than that of a Revolver, although it is close and makes up for it with its higher damage.
El Diablo's damage essentially makes it a hybrid of the Hunting Rifle and the revolver, combining the revolver's capacity and firing speed with the Hunting Rifle's damage. In the right hands, El Diablo can be a very powerful weapon at all ranges.
Due to El Diablo's damage profile, it is better paired with the Enforcer or 9mm Pistol over the revolver. One shot from El Diablo can be followed up with two shots from any of the secondary options to down an injured enemy, and since the 9mm and the Enforcer fire faster, they are better for finishing off enemies that have been injured by El Diablo. The Shorty is also a good choice, downing injured enemies in just one more shot over most of its effective range.
Similarly to other scoped weapons, aiming down the scope causes the light to reflect off the lens, which can be seen by enemy players. El Diablo is still very accurate without using the scope. The scope is useful for acquiring and killing targets at longer ranges, but it is not necessary to use it for every kill.
The following is a list of upgrades available for the El Diablo at workbenches, and the parts and level of tools required to upgrade each. A total of 370 parts are required to fully upgrade the El Diablo, thus rendering impossible to upgrade this weapon in the first playthrough, even if the player collects all parts.
|Reload Speed||Allows you to reload the weapon faster.|
|Fire Rate||Allows you to fire the weapon faster.|
|Clip Capacity||Lets the weapon hold more rounds before having to reload.|
|Armor Piercing||Rounds fired by the weapon can go through armor.|
- "El Diablo" is Spanish for "The Devil".
- El Diablo resembles a Smith & Wesson Model 629 revolver (as confirmed by the game's sound files), with a large frame and a scope mounted to the top of the receiver. It only holds one bullet in single player when not upgraded, although its real life counterpart is capable of loading six. The capacity can be upgraded to six in multiplayer, which makes it more realistic to fit its real life counterpart.
- The El Diablo's scope is embossed with the word "PHASE" on either side, hinting that the word Phase is the name of a company that made that scope.
- El Diablo is a break-action weapon, similar to break-action shotguns or some more exotic revolvers; the cylinder also ejects when opened. Paired with the reduced ammo capacity and scope, it can be gathered that this is a completely fictional weapon, likely custom-made.
- The caliber is most likely .454 Casull.
- It resembles the Tau Sniper from Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
- The El Diablo is the only handgun that's available for purchase in Multiplayer. All other purchasable weapons are either a Long Gun or in the case of the Machete, a Melee Weapon.
- In the Deadly multiplayer DLC, a purchasable animation was added specifically for revolvers. During this animation for the El Diablo, the gun is broken open and the number of rounds in the chamber is checked by the player, which differs from the original revolver's animation due to it having a different style of action
- There is an error with the aforementioned animation, as when the gun is opened to check the ammo, the cylinder stays in place, while the rod holding it comes forward with the barrel section of the gun. It should open in the same manner as this, but the cylinder should also be with the barrel section (which it isn't).