Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|First Found||Boston Quarantine Zone (Joel and Tess' hideout)|
|Clip Capacity||6 bullets (base), 14 (max)|
|Max Ammo||20 bullets (base), 28 (max)|
The 9mm Pistol is a compact handgun. While it is weaker than the revolver, it has less recoil which allows for faster, more accurate follow up shots. There are two 9mm semi-automatic pistols in the game. One is a Colt Defender, which is the first firearm available in the game, the second is a Beretta Model 70, which is used by Ellie, Marlene and Hunters in the financial plaza in Pittsburgh .
The 9mm Pistol is one of the most common firearms in the campaign. It's the first weapon acquired by Joel in the game, in the Boston Quarantine Zone, taken from Joel and Tess ' hideout in their preparations to find Robert. Joel later gives a Beretta Model 70 Jaguar to Ellie in Pittsburgh, stating that it is "for emergencies only", but she uses it to great effect to provide cover for Joel whenever they encounter enemies. Ellie can also use it when the player controls her in Lakeside Resort and in the mall segments of Left Behind.
Many of the enemies faced by Joel and Ellie wield 9mm Pistols. While less dangerous than those with rifles and shotguns, they are more dangerous than those with melee weapons, so caution should still be taken.
The 9mm's roles are silence, accuracy, and suppression. The 9mm is a very versatile weapon, especially at close to medium ranges. The Revolver is capable of doing the same, but it cannot be suppressed. The silenced 9mm only requires one loadout point to equip, making it the cheapest silenced weapon in the game in terms of loadout points.
The 9mm is weaker than the Revolver: it deals 20 damage per shot, and thus requires five body shots to down an opponent, compared to the revolver's three shot down potential. The 9mm deals 60 damage with headshots, meaning that one headshot and two body shots or two headshots can also down an opponent. It requires three body shots to execute un-armored opponents, or just one head shot. The lower damage of the 9mm and its mild but still noticeable recoil make it a poorer choice for longer range combat when compared to the more reliably damaging revolver. However, the 9mm's unusually high headshot damage makes it one of the best weapons in the game for those skilled at aiming for the head; its time to kill is the best out of all the pistol options if all shots are head shots.
The 9mm makes up for its lower damage with a higher rate of fire. The 9mm has a magazine capacity of seven shots and a starting ammo capacity of a total of ten shots. The high rate of fire for this weapon makes it ideal for suppressing targets, hindering their ability to accurately return fire.
Players with a good trigger finger can also use this weapon to their advantage against melee weapons. The 9mm's fire rate gives it an innate ability to interrupt melee weapon attacks.
|Reload Speed||Allows you to reload the weapon faster.|
|Fire Rate||Allows you to fire the weapon faster.|
|Magazine Capacity||Lets the weapon hold more rounds before having to reload.|
- Sam (temporarily)
- Ellie (temporarily)
- The Military
- The 9mm pistol is used by almost every group in The Last of Us.
- Along with the Shotgun, the 9mm pistol is the only other weapon used by Joel that is automatically acquired through game progression. All the other weapons must be picked up from predetermined location or from killed enemy and, as such, can be missed.
- Ellie and Marlene both use a different model Pistol based on the Beretta Model 70, which is actually chambered in .32 ACP, .380 ACP, and .22 Long-Rifle.
- Another model, a Beretta 92FS Brigadier, is used by a soldier in a cutscene.
- Ellie is shown cocking a 9mm pistol in The Last of Us story trailer, but this scene was not shown in the final game.
- The Colt Defender is one of the handguns used as a model for one of the 9mm firearms in the game. In reality, however, it is actually chambered in .45 ACP, and 9mm Parabellum, in-game however, the slide markings read either Yae, or Tae Doken -Series 85-.
- Like the real-world US military, the Beretta looks to be standard issue for infantry soldiers.